Project Surface
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Surface

Midterm Assignment Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting Started (Read me first!!)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawna
Admin

Getting Started (Read me first!!) Empty
PostSubject: Getting Started (Read me first!!)   Getting Started (Read me first!!) EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 2:02 pm

Hello!

Welcome to our Midterm forum. I thought this would be the easiest solution to the issue of collaboration. We can all see what's posted here, no downloads and with any luck no confusion. Everyone can see where we are, and text can easily be copied and pasted into a document. If anyone has any other idea's for collaborating, we can talk about it here, too!

First of all we are running late, and getting everyone doing different things can be clumsy, especially since some of the questions on page 96 are dependent on answers to other questions. Not mention, there are 6 of us and 7 questions. So, I propose we all work on all of the questions together to get through this as quickly and efficiently as possible. When we're through, each of us can take a question (yes, one of us will have to take two) and type our collective answers into the section of this forum dedicated to compilation. (Which is just to take our ideas from the threads and put them into a cohesive and understandable answer, ideally about a paragraph)

Please Reply to this thread so we can all see who has successfully registered, and any suggestions, questions or complaints are welcome!
Back to top Go down
https://projectsurface.forumotion.com
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started (Read me first!!)   Getting Started (Read me first!!) EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:31 pm

I just got your email and signed up. Good idea using these forums for the project! I'm on my way to work for the rest of the day, but will look over the questions and be back first thing tomorrow (Sat) morning with some ideas. See y'all then!
Back to top Go down
Shawna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started (Read me first!!)   Getting Started (Read me first!!) EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:55 pm

Awesome!

We're only missing one now!

Evidently, two of our group members haven't been online for about a month, so it will likely just be the four of us. I don't think that's particularly fair of our instructor, but what choice have we got? Not to mention that the group list wasn't published until moodle was resurrected, which cut us a few days short.

Hopefully, by tomorrow we can all get some input in and get something together for Sunday! It's not hard, though I'm beginning to understand that the purpose of the project was probably just to get us using collaborative tools. I was even contacted by a member of another group who hasn't heard diddley from his groupmates either. So maybe that means we're actually ahead of the game? I sure hope so!
Back to top Go down
Tabari

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started (Read me first!!)   Getting Started (Read me first!!) EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:05 pm

I just registered thanks.
Back to top Go down
SmithErick

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started (Read me first!!)   Getting Started (Read me first!!) EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:09 pm

I'm in also. Let's get it rolling.
Back to top Go down
SmithErick

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started (Read me first!!)   Getting Started (Read me first!!) EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:38 pm

How are we going to split these questions up? We all just collaborate then pick a question to do to upload on Moodle?

Back to top Go down
Shawna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started (Read me first!!)   Getting Started (Read me first!!) EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:06 pm

It's not entirely clear on moodle how exactly he wanted this turned in. Everyone is supposed to be responsible for a portion, but he says nothing about what exactly each of us is actually supposed to submit. In my opinion, you can't benefit from or accomplish this exercise only seeing a part of it, so I assert that we all turn in the entire assignment. I will post on the moodle forum which of us "worked" on particular questions, and in our case, summarized the threads our questions were discussed on. I chose this course of action because we are pressed for time.

I am also aware the work will be unevenly spread no matter how I slice it, so I suggest as follows:

Shawna - Questions 1, 2 and 3 (because they are so closely related)
Wayne - Questions 4 and 5 (Sorry, you drew the short straw!)
Tabari - Question 6
Erick - Question 7

Lets try to wrap it up by tomorrow afternoon so that we can get it submitted! I should have mine posted in the A.M.
Back to top Go down
SmithErick

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started (Read me first!!)   Getting Started (Read me first!!) EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:09 pm

I will collaborate on all the questions tonight and should have mine posted sometime tomorrow early evening. I am attending the Redskin and Panthers football game (Go Skins!), BUT, it WILL get done.

Back to top Go down
SmithErick

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started (Read me first!!)   Getting Started (Read me first!!) EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:23 pm

I also recommend we add a link to the forum to show our instructor how we collaborated on each questions and worked as a team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started (Read me first!!)   Getting Started (Read me first!!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting Started (Read me first!!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Surface :: Welcome! :: Assignment Discussion-
Jump to: