Project Surface
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Surface

Midterm Assignment Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question 6

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawna
Admin

Question 6 Empty
PostSubject: Question 6   Question 6 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:44 am

As a consulting firm propagating finished and complete Surface applications, perhaps you can find other institutions, businesses and other entities that can use the same software interchangeably to maximize profits for that particular Surface project.

What do you think could be done?
Back to top Go down
https://projectsurface.forumotion.com
Wayne

Question 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question 6   Question 6 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:59 pm

That would be an ideal, profitable situation, but I wonder about licensing/rights to the software. I guess we'd have to work out some kind of contract deal in order to maintain rights to continue selling the applications for X amount of time, assuming we were working with independent developers. Of course, if we were hiring people to do all of this in-house, as part of our company, that wouldn't really be necessary. Maybe we could do a combination of both? Like, develop some easily adaptable basic applications in-house that could be customized for clients if they needed something simple, in addition to being able to connect them with independent developers if they needed something very specific.
Back to top Go down
Shawna
Admin

Question 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question 6   Question 6 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Now, we are consultants, not developers. As a consulting firm, we would help them market Surface in networking them with businesses and institutions that could use Surface, and that, from what I understand, is why Microsoft would pay us. We would bring ideas, recommendations, and projections and they do all the hard stuff! So we don't need rights to any of their software or products, except maybe to showcase it to potential clients.

I will admit, this is where I get fuzzy with all of these very abstract, and very vague concepts that we study in this course, and it gets more and more difficult to hypothesize from something which is already sort of just a theory.

Having a basic and adaptable application that can be built on though, is a very good idea that could be a recommendation to Microsoft. And we could provide a plan with some infrastructure that would include those developers that would be accommodating specific needs.

Fun stuff!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://projectsurface.forumotion.com
SmithErick

Question 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question 6   Question 6 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:26 pm

As a consulting firm, I assume that would be the same role as an "agent" to a movie star or professional athlete. I am sure every one has seen or came in contact with a smart phone (Android, iPhone, Blackberry). Think about the developers of applications for those devices. If we helped their rating and they were downloaded more, more profit for them equals the same for us. I can imagine it would be very profitable as long as we helped the right developer(s).
Back to top Go down
Tabari

Question 6 Empty
PostSubject: Question 6   Question 6 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:14 pm

As a consulting firm propagating finished and complete Surface applications, perhaps we can find other institutions, businesses and other entities that can use the same software interchangeably to maximize profits for that particular Surface project. We could help developers market Surface in networking them with businesses and institutions that could use Microsoft Surface. We would bring ideas, recommendations, and projections to potential clients.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question 6   Question 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Question 6
Page 1 of 1