Project Surface
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Surface

Midterm Assignment Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question 5

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawna
Admin

Question 5 Empty
PostSubject: Question 5   Question 5 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:38 am

As a consulting firm, we could offer services as a liaison between software developers and interested companies/parties. How else are we going to effectively get that initial registration form out there?
Back to top Go down
https://projectsurface.forumotion.com
Wayne

Question 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question 5   Question 5 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:53 pm

Good idea! Working as a liaison, we could use things such as social media to help get the initial word out about our services among individual tech professionals. We could maintain a detailed database of freelancers interested in working with Surface, such as programmers and graphic/UI designers, and help connect them not only with our contacts at Microsoft, but also with interested companies thinking about purchasing Surface, or those who already have them, but need additional support and/or custom applications.
Back to top Go down
Tabari

Question 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question 5   Question 5 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:55 pm

One service that we would provide would be hardware/software support. This could be accomplished through training, online support, or face-to-face support.
Back to top Go down
SmithErick

Question 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question 5   Question 5 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:19 pm

If we had the chance to be a consulting firm for a major computer computer it would be huge! I agree with all your posts. Advertising, Support, and Sales. Only one downside to that, sometimes you can get conflicting info when dealing with a consulting firm, but at the same time if you need face to face support, or sales you deal with us instead of dealing direct with a major company that might not be around your area. I especially love the idea of maintaining a database for developers, that is key in this day in age. Social media is another big one, find me a major company that does not have a Facebook or twitter.... I follow twitter daily for info on the newest gadgets for phones and apple stuff. (I work at Verizon Wireless) that helps me keep up with the world.
Back to top Go down
Wayne

Question 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question 5   Question 5 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:18 pm

Question 5

As a consulting firm, the opportunity that we believe exists for us is to act as a liaison between Microsoft and developers interested in Surface. We believe that the registry we described in Question 4 (assuming it's our firm using it, rather than Microsoft directly in this case) would be vital to our success. Not only would we be looking at application-specific customer desires to help steer developers and designers who came to us in the right direction (by connecting them with clients and letting them know the clients' demands), but we could also maintain contacts with qualified professionals who specialize in support for basic Surface hardware and software, who we could recommend our clients work with if need be. We would also be leveraging social media to get the word out about our services and help us do our networking with tech professionals. Concerning social media, it may be a good idea for our firm to commission our own applications to access and promote our social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question 5   Question 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Question 5
Page 1 of 1